Accura Healthcare of Spirit Lake
Spirit Lake, IA
Recognizing that some individuals may be experiencing a reduction in hours due to dynamics associated with COVID, Accura HealthCare of Spirit Lake gladly promotes the opportunity to become a Temporary Nurse Aide. Maybe you’ve always had interest in pursuing a healthcare career but haven’t had the finances to pursue the education needed to make the leap, there is no better time than now!
Temporary Nurse Aide – Iowa
Since the onset of COVID hit all of us in 2020, we’ve been experiencing challenging times; several have lost jobs or had hours reduced while others in essential jobs are working tirelessly to cover the increasing needs. Together we will overcome this challenge through our love and compassion for one another and supporting each other in many ways.
One great way to support and help is by becoming a Temporary Nurse Aide and joining our Accura Family!
As of July 19, 2021, the federal government extended the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, reinstating an approved program where you may take a few simple steps to be eligible to work in one of our Iowa facilities as a Temporary Nurse Aide:
- Complete a FREE 8-hour online course, which may be completed on your own time at home.
FREE 8 HOUR ONLINE TEMPORARY NURSE AIDE COURSE: https://educate.ahcancal.org/products/temporary-nurse-aide
- Pass the exam upon completion of the course and present your certificate to the facility. Please visit our website,
- Complete a competency assessment at the facility, where you will demonstrate the required skills under the observation of an RN, who will review and sign-off.
Accura HealthCare’s purpose is very simple, yet powerful: to care for others. Our mission is to be partners in care and family for life. Our vision is to be a place that provides the support and love of a united family. And we strive to do all of this through living our values: Trust, Integrity, Accountability, Commitment, and Kindness.
We would love to have you join our family and help us as we continue to provide much-needed care, love, and companionship to our beloved residents, who have done so much for all of us. To be considered, please complete the online application or contact your local facility for more details.
Accura HealthCare typically employs Nurse Aides for the following shifts:
- Day: 6A-2P
- Evenings: 2P-10P
- Overnight: 10P-6A
Full time, part time and PRN hours may be available. While most sites offer eight-hour shifts, some sites offer 12-hour shifts and there may be opportunities for flexible shifts working during peak hours.
Disclaimer: Accura HealthCare reserves the right to hire based on need and capacity, which will be evaluated on a case by case scenario. Once we are no longer considered in a state of emergency due to COVID-19, if someone would like to continue remaining in this type of role, then the approved 75-hour CNA program and testing would be required.
Requirements of consideration include but are not limited to:
- Clear and effective communicator with strong relationship building skills. Personable and professional demeanor.
- Friendly, caring and compassionate you have proven success working in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong work ethic, understanding the importance of being punctual, reliable, adaptable and willingness to work collaboratively to support our residents and your colleagues.
- Ability to work full time and/or part time is preferred, yet PRN also is acceptable, depending on site specific needs.
- Your willingness and ability to work within the desired shifts where we have current needs.
- In most cases, the ability to work at least two weekend shifts a month is desirable, yet we will be exploring all interest on a case by case scenario taking into consideration site specific needs.
- Ability to successful clear a background check.
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!