Accura Healthcare of Spirit Lake
Spirit Lake, IA
Accura HealthCare of Spirit Lake is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team in overnight capacity.
Overnight shift is a great opportunity for those who are night owls! Maybe you aren’t a night owl but seek to transition to nights so you can go back to school and continue your education. Or, maybe night shift is ideal for you because you can help get your kids prepared for school in the morning and have dinner with them at night. Whatever your reasoning, know that Accura HealthCare of Spirit Lake supports work-life balance.
As a nurse, you positively and directly impact the lives of others. You are a much needed hero within the healthcare industry. Serving as a nurse within the senior living industry, you make a difference in the lives of the older adults. We value, recognize and appreciate your devotion in caring for others. Our purpose is “to care for others”. By joining the Accura HealthCare of Spirit Lake family, we welcome the opportunity for you to experience the positive differences that will be made in your own life through gaining understanding that “to care for others” also means we care for you.
SIGN-ON BONUS: $5,000 for Full-time and $2,500 for Part-time (2nd & 3rd shift); 8 and 12 hour shifts available.
The licensed practice nurse (LPN) is responsible for rendering nursing care in assigned area in terms of individualized client needs, according to dependent and independent nursing functions and conformance with recognized nursing techniques, procedures, and established standards based on the scope of practical nursing, under the direction/delegation of the registered nurse.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and observation of positive patient care outcomes.
- Performs delegated independent nursing functions using established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as observed by the registered nurse.
- Administers medications accurately, observing patient response, as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of negative outcomes
- Maintains and coordinates communication among resident family members, staff and physician as evidenced within medical record, client and health care team feedback.
- Assists in assuring that effective communication exists with resident family members as reflected in the plan of care. Provides punctual change of shift report consisting of pertinent and relevant information for assigned patients.
- Works collaboratively with other members of the health care team in coordination of the patient’s care as evidenced by other department feedback.
- Utilizes available written and technology systems specific to patient condition or disease.
- Utilizes appropriate teaching methods such as one-on-one and group instruction, demonstration or discussion.
- Assists residents, family members or other clients with concern and empathy; respect their confidentiality and privacy and communicate with them in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Answers and refers telephone calls or other inquires to ensure accurate and timely communications are facilitated.
- Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job duties.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Completion of relevant state Board of Nursing approved.
- Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS).
- State of Iowa LPN licensure by the Iowa Board of Nursing (required).
- LPN Supervisory Course (within 6 months of hire)
- CPR Certification (preferred.)
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!