Accura Healthcare of Milford
Accura HealthCare of Milford is seeking a MDS Coordinator to join our team.
Accura HealthCare of Milford is a 5-star, 50 bed, SNF. In addition, we have 22 beds dedicated to Assisted Living. We offer a family style, team-oriented environment with experienced leadership. Our Administrator has served the community for 13 years and our DON brings forward 25 years of clinical service at our facility. If you are a detail-oriented, compassionate and patient nurse looking to join a team that provides individualized care and support for their residents, we would welcome the opportunity to work with you!
CURRENT NEEDS: Full-time
SIGN-ON BONUS: $5,000
The MDS (Minimum Data Set) Coordinator is responsible for preparing statistical reports required by applicable legal, accrediting, and/or licensing regulations for health care facilities. The MDS Coordinator compiles information and data from health records and personal assessments for use in evaluation of quality of care and utilization review. The MDS Coordinator confers with physicians, nurses and other health personnel to ensure complete, current and accurate medical records.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Effectively plans, directs and coordinates MDS assessments and care plan services.
- Completes health assessments on all residents at time of admission to establish initial care plan and performs additional assessments quarterly thereafter.
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of the care plans for each resident in accordance with other health care providers and physicians.
- Analyzes and accurately codes diagnoses, operations and procedures from health records by using appropriate classification systems. Accurately enters data into computer system.
- Organizes plans and leads care plan conferences quarterly for each resident, including family, physician and care plan team.
- Develops, implements and coordinates quality management, utilization review and discharge planning by consulting with other health care providers on resident care problems and needs. Tracks discharge and re-entry of residents to facility.
- Reviews charts of extraneous documentation each quarter according to established minimum standards for required documentation to be retained in resident’s active chart.
- Meets all submission timelines of reports/records/documentation as required by state and federal rules, regulations, and laws for healthcare facilities.
- Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
- Monitors accrediting/surveying/regulatory body criteria to maintain compliance.
- Participates in continuing education to maintain credentials and increase expertise and knowledge in professional and clinical nursing and administration.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards completing assessments efficiently and with strong attention to detail.
- Keeps current in the field of nursing through attendance at meetings, conferences, conventions and workshops pertaining to all aspects of resident care and restoration/rehabilitation. Actively participates in the in-service programs in an effort to advance knowledge and skills.
- Ability and willingness to perform RN duties whenever and wherever required.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our core values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned; is proactive to change.
- Demonstrates willingness to work flexible hours to meet requirements of the job.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs. Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains relationships with residents.
- Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job duties.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- RN graduate from an accredited school of nursing (LPN minimum requirement; RN preferred).
- Geriatric experience or certification (preferred).
- Familiarity with computer functions including MDS software (preferred).
- Current licensure as an RN or LPN in the State of Iowa by the Iowa Board of Nursing, without restrictions (required).
- MDS Certification (preferred).
- CPR Certification (required).
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!