Woodlyn Heights Senior Living
Saint Paul, MN
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!
Woodlyn Heights Senior Living is a 5-star skilled nursing facility located in Inver Grove Heights, MN. We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our 5-star team!
The Maintenance Supervisor develops and implements facility maintenance policies and procedures in an efficient, cost-effective manner to safely meet residents’ needs in compliance with federal, state and local requirements. The Maintenance Supervisor performs and supervises general maintenance of the facility as well as coordinates repairs with outside vendors when necessary.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Inspects and evaluates the physical condition of the facility; recommends and implements painting, repairs, and furnishings, relocations of equipment and reallocations of space to improve sanitation, appearance, and efficiency.
- Reports any unsafe condition.
- Develops and implements repair and maintenance schedules for all areas of the facility and grounds.
- Performs preventative maintenance including the checking of lights, doors, changing filters, etc.
- Moves and stores furniture from one location to another without damaging.
- Coordinates and supervises repair and maintenance by contractors.
- Available to serve in on-call capacity, as the facility operates 24/7.
- Enters information and maintains all required logs in a neat, organized, and timely manner and stays up to date with OSHA compliance, CMS, state and federal regulations.
- Orders or requisitions supplies to operate the maintenance department and keeps the facility in the highest standard of order.
- Leads by example, fosters open communication and resolves conflict in a constructive manner. Manages and coaches department staff; establishes and maintains culture that supports the mission/vision of the organization and facility.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs.
- Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains relationships with residents.
- Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job duties.
- Has fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- High School Diploma or equivalency.
- Three years’ experience in facilities maintenance.
- Preference will be given to those with prior boiler systems and HVAC experience.
- Boiler Operator License is required within 90 days of employment.
- TELS experience is preferred but not required.
- CPR Certification is beneficial.