Woodlyn Heights Senior Living
Saint Paul, MN
Assist in the preparation, distribution and supply of food and dishes to residents, families, and staff while creating an environment that promotes resident/tenant well-being.
Essential Job Functions
- Practice proper food handling, infection control and safety control methods including hand washing, isolation procedures, fire safety, OSHA and worker’s compensation rules and regulations.
- Set up room trays and tables in dining room, serve and bus trays, pour and cover beverages, and assist in preparing and covering food.
- Transport carts to appropriate areas and deliver trays, when applicable.
- Assist in the proper care, cleaning, and use of kitchen equipment.
- Deliver nourishments and snacks appropriately.
- Maintain a steady work pace to produce an adequate supply of clean kitchen utensils and dishes.
- Soak, scrub, and scrape soiled dishes.
- Place dishes into and supervise travel of dishes through dish machine.
- Operate an automated dish washing solution dispensing machine.
- Sort clean dishes and transport dishes to storage area.
- Must be adaptable, flexible to changes, and able to prioritize and organize work efficiently to accomplish workload within time allotted.
- Maintain a positive attitude in relation to customer service program.
- Complies with established safety rules and regulations.
- Promptly reports accidents, incidents, and unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment to supervisor.
- Understands, complies with, and promotes all rules regarding resident’s rights.
- Abides by the facility’s policies, procedures and practices.
- Participates in and supports Quality efforts throughout the facility.
- Attends meetings and mandatory in-services.
- Knowledge and adherence to safety/disaster preparedness plan.
- All other duties as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must be able to relate professionally, positively, and cooperatively with residents, resident’s families and employees.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must meet all local health regulations and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
- Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, all essential job functions are required. Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties, and hours as needs change. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!