Accura HealthCare of Newton East
Accura HealthCare of Newton East has opportunities to add a Dietary Aides to our FAMILY! We are a 53 bed Skilled Nursing Facility that is focused on person centered care.
Why Accura HealthCare of Newton East? We offer a friendly and compassionate, team oriented environment that is conducive for you to thrive. If you are looking for a healthcare organization that cares just as much about you as we do those we are caring for, come check out our team at Accura HealthCare of Newton East!
Dietary Aides are responsible for assisting in the preparing and serving meals and snacks throughout the facility. Responsible for performing various duties in and around the kitchen, including preparation of various portions of meals, presentations of food and delivery of food. Responsible for sanitary condition of tableware and working area, delivering and collecting food in and around residents’ rooms.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and serves beverages per recipes.
- Performs food preparation, covering, storage, and labeling tasks as assigned.
- Arranges tray and or table settings with proper tableware, condiments, and tray card.
- Serves meals to residents in accordance with established schedules, dietary procedures and resident rights/quality of life principals.
- Delivers nourishments and supplements to the nurse station for distribution to specific residents.
- Assists in maintaining dry storage areas and handling the unpacking, dating, and rotating of food and non-food supplies as directed.
- Avoids waste of food items and dietary supplies.
- Clears tables and removes dishes, trays, and utensils from the dining room to the dishwashing area.
- Scrapes, empties soiled dishes, disposes of waste, properly loads dish machine, and operates automated dishwashing solution dispensing systems. Records wash and rinse temperatures as requested. Unloads dish machine and sorts clean dishes. Washes and sanitizes cooking equipment and utensils by hand as necessary.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchen equipment, utensils, counters, and preparation and storage areas as directed and according to established schedules, and facility and departmental policies for routine cleaning.
- Bags and disposes of garbage according to established procedures.
- Delivers soiled tablecloths and dietary linens to laundry.
- Actively participates in QAPI (Quality Assurance Process Improvement) program, taking a proactive approach to quality care and services on a continuous basis with engagement of residents, family members and staff.
- Reports and documents resident changes in consumption or behaviors appropriately.
- Sets high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs, builds and maintains relationships with residents, communicates with residents in a genuine manner using appropriate verbiage, and establishes good rapport with the residents.
- Demonstrates fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our core values.
- Follows instructions and complete daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred).
- CPR Certification (preferred).
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!