Accura HealthCare of Newton East
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME and $1,000 FOR PART-TIME
Accura HealthCare of Newton East has opportunities to welcome CNAs to our team! We have full time, part time, weekend only/baylor shift opportunities available, as well as prn. Great news, we also now offer 12 hour shifts from 6:00-6:00, which means you only have to work three days a week to be considered full time!
Why Accura HealthCare of Newton East? Our Director of Nursing has taught and developed CNAs for many years and loves it! We offer a team oriented, family-style environment, working collaboratively together to continue our focus on providing quality, compassionate, person-centered care to those we serve. A purpose driven, people first culture is what we strive to offer to both our residents and our team members. Accura HealthCare’s purpose is to care for others and, when we say others, that includes you!
If you desire an organization who values you as a person, in addition to recognizing that CNAs are vital members of our team, and we cannot provide great care without you, we invite you to apply to Accura HealthCare of Newton East and learn what makes us different.
Certified Nursing Assistants are responsible for providing industry leading personal care and assistance in the facility. Assist residents with personal hygiene, including assistance with dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, and the giving of baths/showers as well as provide basic treatments as required with direction of the nursing staff.
- Participates as a member of the care team and help maintains the physical, social and psychological environment conducive to residents’ welfare and best interests.
- Observes and reports resident conditions to nursing staff or appropriate supervisor and all information pertaining to procedures carried out, changes, incidents or unusual findings.
- Becomes familiar with residents’ daily needs, likes, dislikes, etc. in order to personalize care given each individual per the residents’ care plan.
- Records all appropriate resident care information accurately and in a timely manner. Observes and reports to Charge Nurse unusual occurrences and changes in resident condition.
- Responds to resident call lights in a timely manner. Listens and responds to resident needs in an appropriate and service minded manner.
- Assists residents in transferring from bed, chair, wheelchair, toilet etc., using appropriate equipment and following principles of body mechanics and safety (help determine number of persons for assist; use gait belt, lifts, grab bars, etc.).
- Helps restore independence through teaching and encouragement in ADL skills (eating, dressing, ambulation, toileting, etc.).
- Develops personalized rapport with residents and provides assistance as requested to residents to care for their belongings. Creates an environment and atmosphere that is customized to their style and preferences.
- Demonstrates fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
- Follows instructions and complete daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years of age (required) with high school diploma or equivalency (preferred).
- Successful completion of 75-hour Nurse Aide course (required).
- CPR Certification (preferred).
Accura HealthCare embraces a unique upside-down culture, putting residents and direct-care staff at the top level of the organization. Our associates play a key role in supporting Accura’s purpose, “to care for others” and advancing the mission, “to be partners in care and family for life” and are expected to provide exceptional customer service by demonstrating and upholding our values of trust, integrity, accountability, commitment, and kindness through the development of strong relationships, servant leadership, and effective communication and follow-up.
Accura HealthCare, an Equal Opportunity Employer and leading post-acute healthcare provider based in Iowa, has communities in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota and Nebraska, and growing!